Glaucoma UK is the operating name of the International Glaucoma Association.
How to make a complaint
Glaucoma UK aims to provide a friendly, professional and fair service to all who use it. If you find that we have failed to provide such a service, please let us know. In the first instance please raise the matter informally with the person concerned, who will try to help. If you do not receive a satisfactory outcome and wish to pursue the matter formally, please follow the process set out below:
- Contact the Manager of the department concerned with details of your concerns. A list of managers appears at the end of this document, together with contact details. Please contact the appropriate manager us as soon as possible after the occurrence that led to your concerns. You may make contact in person, in writing, by email or telephone. Your complaint will be acknowledged by the appropriate manager who will investigate the matter and will make every effort to bring your complaint to a satisfactory resolution. We aim to respond within five working days of your initial contact.
- In the event that your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction by the appropriate manager, please contact the Chief Executive, with full details of your complaint. The Chief Executive will conduct an independent investigation in to the points raised and will aim to respond within 10 working days of receiving your complaint. In the event that your complaint involves the Chief Executive, please omit stages one and two and instead write with full details of your complaint to the Chair of the Trustees, c/o Glaucoma UK, marked ‘private and confidential’.
- In the event that your complaint cannot be resolved to your satisfaction by the Chief Executive, a formal complaint may be made to the Chair of the Trustees at the above address. The Chair of trustees may at their discretion delegate the role of investigating your complaint to a Trustee colleague or convene a Trustee sub-group to conduct an investigation. The Chair will aim to respond to you in writing within 28 days. The Chair’s decision is final.
- We aim to try and resolve all complaints with 28 working days, but acknowledge that under some circumstances this may not be possible. Complainants will be kept informed of the progress of their complaint at all stages.
- Anonymous complaints will be passed to the Chief Executive, who will decide how best to handle them on a case-by-case basis. We welcome your comments and your observations on how our complaints procedure could be improved in the future.
- If your complaint involves any aspect of Glaucoma UK fundraising, you can address your complaint to our Head of Fundraising whose details you can find below. If, after four weeks the matter has not been resolved satisfactorily you can complain directly to the Fundraising Regulator. Details of how to complain to the Fundraising Regulator can be found below. Glaucoma UK is registered with the Fundraising Regulator, and as a condition of registration, has agreed to make any record of fundraising complaints available to them for inspection on request.
- Records of complaints will be held for at least 24 months, except where data protection law requires that it be put beyond use earlier than this. The Chief Executive will ensure that the frequency and type of complaints received are scrutinised by senior managers.
- All staff listed below will be happy to offer assistance and support to help anyone in understanding this procedure.
Who to contact to make a complaint
Chief Executive, Joanne Creighton
T: 01233 64 81 72
Head of Finance, Kay Cox
T: 01233 64 81 63
Head of IT, Dan De-Buriatte
T: 01233 64 81 74
Head of Support Services, Joanna Hodgkinson
T: 01233 64 81 79
Head of Fundraising, Natallie Hoare
T: 01233 64 81 60
Head of Communications, Rachel Nunn
T: 01233 64 81 68
Glaucoma UK head office address: 15 Highpoint Business Village, Henwood, Ashford, Kent TN24 8DH.
Fundraising Regulator – T: 0300 99 93 407
In writing to the Fundraising Regulator 2nd Floor, CAN Mezzanine Building, 49-51 East Road, London, N1 6AH